Hey. My name is Therese.
Tell me, does this filter make me look like a lifestyle blogger?
Anyway, I digress, no one likes reading, so, below you’ll find a list of of the many hats I wear. And, if you’re still interested, a little of my backstory.
- Wife & animal mom (1 dog, 1 cat)
- Employed with two jobs:
- User experience (UX) researcher & course instructor (full-time)
- US Army Reservist (part-time)
- Host of the NN/g UX Podcast
- Mixed race woman still figuring out her place in the world
- Weightlifting enthusiast
- “Clean” eater (with the occasional visit to Five Guys)
- Born-again earth-conscious hippie
- Minimalist & zero-waste (…jk, we’re still working on that)
- On the road to financial independence (FI)
I grew up in Jersey City, New Jersey, and have lived all over the country, but currently live in Central New York. I started this blog because I have learned (and most importantly, am still learning) a lot as I try to better myself. Hopefully, the research I do and meaningful conversations I have with really smart friends can help others learn alongside me.
I am passionate about health, wellness, self-improvement, and serving others. So passionate, that sometimes I throw some swear words around (sorry, not sorry). However, I find that the most offensive problems in this world are best solved with strong words, an open mind, and a willingness to listen.
This blog is a compilation of writings, and I’ve undergone many rebrands over the years, but my goal is to convey to you what I’ve learned in my ever-upward pursuit of being a better person, be it with health, productivity, cultural and philosophical awareness, and mental wellbeing.